As social distancing restrictions ease across the country, fitness studios are starting the process of reopening their physical locations. While preparing your studio space might be top of mind, it’s also important to make sure your business is ready from a legal perspective. From following new municipal laws to reevaluating service and membership agreements, studio owners have a choice—be proactive or reactive about the law and how it impacts the foundation of your business.
Cory Sterling, the founder of the heart-leading law firm, Conscious Counsel, has put together an easy-to-understand checklist of five legal essentials to help fitness professionals be proactive and prepared when they open their doors:
- Learn and Follow Municipal Laws
- Don’t be Responsible for Spreading
- Re-evaluate Your Service Agreements
- Don’t Wait, Resign Agreements Now
- Confirm Voluntary Participation In Writing