Definition of Recovery: A return of normal state of health, mind or strength
Stressed? Need Direction? Not sure of your next step? Once you’ve addressed your urgent needs, this may be the time to focus on the future and the things you should consider for your recovery- personal and professional!
BE PREPARED, NOT SCARED:
You can still….
Implement Proven Systems + Best Practices
Train + Develop your staff
Become an Expert in Sales + Conversion
Automate the Most Important Aspects of your Business
Establish + Improve your Marketing
Revolutionize Your Business For the 21st Century + Beyond
Find + Retain New Clients (perfect for when you re-open!)
If you’re simply looking for a way to offer classes online through this uncertain time, that’s totally ok! Since my team and I work with clients who are serious about their sales, marketing, staff and systems operations, which includes launching an online studio, we advocate there is a place for both just streaming classes quickly and for free, and for truly starting an online fitness studio.
If you’re looking to truly shift and add to your business offering in the now and the future, here are the things you may be overlooking that will help lead to your success!
Systems truly are the answer to your recovery (because recovery will come!).
Remember, those who PREPARE and PLAN will have the success desired in the recovery that will eventually come!
4 Overall Steps to Systems that Work:
- Make sure you have a clearly defined STRUCTURE for offering your services, products and offerings (online or not!)
- AUTOMATE everything you can
- Whether it’s now or in the future, don’t forget to plan for when you can MONETIZE your offering
- If you build it, they may or may not come now or in the future, PROMOTE as if you were launching a brand new studio!
Considering adding streaming your classes as part of your systems? Going “online” takes more than just converting to a digital studio!
Here are some next steps depending on how you would like to grow your business in the future:
- Don’t just rush to go online… decide if this is a short term or long term transition for you! It’s imperative that you think through your recovery and the future health of your business.
- In the short term, focus on creating videos you love and connecting with people in your online community. Again, there’s no rush! I’ve worked with clients for many years who took their studios digital and to do it right- it takes proactivity, planning and implementing the right systems from the beginning so you have a quality offering that you can monetize in the long term.
- If you have videos, but no audience: look for opportunities to get more views, connect with people in your content niche, and ask what people would like to see.
- You have an audience, but they’re not engaged: survey your community to find out how you could improve or what you can offer digitally; also look to improve the quality of your videos and see if there’s an opportunity to create more engaging content that leads to discussion and conversation.
- You have an engaged audience, but you don’t want to market to them: take the time to offer what you need to for free currently. At the same time, starting planning for how you can automate and monetize your content in the future (it’s all about recovery!).
- If you’re stuck on trying to decide which platform is best for you- the broad answer is ‘it depends!’ The truth is there are many platforms that could work, but if you’re seriously about offering videos on demand or live streaming in the future, I’ve seen best experiences with fewer companies that are offering this. Here is a breakdown of what to look for based on the big players:
Finally, just a few thoughts to help you to build something long term instead of just through this crisis:
- Never pay revenue share– That’s giving up all of your eventual profit! It may seem easier than paying a flat fee but is never in your benefit if you’re looking to eventually monetize and grow.
- Always use a platform that allows you to use your own brand, not theirs. This includes the link/website URL used for your online studio, as well as being able to completely customize your storefront. Fully white labeling (aka using your brand) your online studio is always the goal for best use of your brand.
- Seek integration- It’s imperative that you can communicate with your online studio clients in the same platform without having to use external accounts for email, going live etc.
- Take advantage of a free trial- only the best companies offer them- it speaks volumes to their ease of use and your ability to make this a real business venture moving forward!
Other systems to communicate and consider whether you ‘go digital’ or not:
Don’t forget you can still encourage your community through emails and other communications. Our businesses are known to thrive on community- you can provide so much more than just classes! Use emails or texts for mass communication about closing, opening and everything in between! Just make sure you think these out and respect the inbox!
- Social Media
My agency specializes in digital marketing, demand generation and sales process automation, implementation and optimization of software systems, along with operations process improvements. Our clients invest in our help with social media because they know it’s not just the future, it’s an area to set yourselves apart now! You know what you’re likely overlooking? How much of a role your social media can play to help your brand, customers and neighborhood. This is the time to re-tool how you are social… it’s not just a place to post pretty pictures and your schedule. This is the time to position yourself and the business as truly community focused and most importantly, innovative!
Are you looking for ways to encourage and engage your staff? You should! Afterall, they’re your first customer! Host online trainings, teach them how to cue or communicate while online (they likely don’t have that insight!), be a source of support and you’ll build a true dream team for now, in your recovery and for life!
Going digital means it’s time for a new or updated waiver. Don’t leave your business at risk! Some of our clients are using the waiver as a way to get clients covered for taking online classes, and then seamlessly launching them into an encouraging challenge, inviting them to a digital happy hour, and other exciting ways to engage them! You can make this fun and functional!
As someone who has built literally thousands of websites for the health, fitness and wellness industry over the last 15 years, trust me when I say: your website is your studio! It’s a reflection of your image and vibe but can be so much more! It’s is user friendly? Have you updated it recently? Does it present the business accurately to the people who don’t know you yet? When my team implements a new website or optimizes an existing one with a refresh do you know what we often find? Many new people are so curious about your business but they visit your site and do nothing! So as you’re focusing on providing value to your community right now… don’t forgot the folks who are near and curious and could use a taste of what they can experience once your back to biz as usual! Your website is that gateway!
About KK and Hart Marketing & Communications:
Certified Consultant KK Hart owns and operates several wellness businesses, in addition to being the CEO of a boutique sales & marketing agency specializing in the health, fitness, wellness and small business industries. With extensive experience as an international fitness and business expert, KK is regularly featured on Fox and The Huffington Post, among other media outlets. She has a Master’s degree in Health and Business and over 15 years of experience specifically helping health, fitness, beauty and wellness businesses grow. As a business coach and consultant, KK coaches on strategies for revenue, retention, pricing, sales and marketing. Her passion is to help you to become as profitable and self sufficient as possible! With many options to help clients to achieve their goals, KK is known to be a game changer and secret weapon for business owners. Her clients consistently become the top earners in their industry! “Make your business stronger and start focusing on thriving instead of just surviving!” Whether now or in the future, snag a complimentary consult to get your questions answered individually, or reach out for a free online class analysis/checklist: kkhart.com