Lance Pinn is the President and Co-Founder of Brooklyn Boulders (BKB), an adventure lifestyle company best known for its 4 large scale (18,000 – 40,000 SF) facilities in New York City, Boston, and Chicago. Beyond its flagship locations, the BKB ecosystem backed by 300+ employees is home to BKBX, an unprecedented training center that just opened in Boston, BKB Wild, an outdoor expeditions offering, and the BKB Foundation, a 501(c)3 with the mission to provide climbing access for all and a focus on adaptive and youth mentorship programs.
This ecosystem of brands at BKB has welcomed over 1 million people to an adventurous lifestyle over the past decade and continues to develop rapidly across the U.S.
Most recently, Lance and his team have been working on a new boutique training concept called BKBX, based in Boston. The space features a training studio with 50-minute group fitness classes, and a recovery center including cryotherapy, an infrared sauna, compression sleeves, and a variety of equipment to support your training regime. The space is capped off with a 92’ long climbing wall, climbing training features, and a first-of-its-kind Adventure Bar, that offers outdoor adventure trip bookings and a dedicated area to process the fitness data from your wearable and gather insights from your workout in the studio.
Prior to BKB, Lance
- Entrepreneur, Self Made
- Founder & President of Brooklyn Boulders Climbing Community, 2008
- Founder of BKB Foundation, mission to provide “Climbing Access for All” 2010
- Brooklyn Community Board 6, 5 year board member
- 40 Under 40 Winner NYC Crain’s Class of 2016
- BS Management, Babson College ’06
- Friends of Thomas Greene Park, 8 year board member
- Adaptive Climbing Group
- Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce
- Outdoor Industry Association
- Harambe Entrepreneurial Alliance
- City Rocks Mentorship Program
- -Proud Supporter of the Access Fund, American Alpine Club, Human Rights Campaign, and the Outdoor Alliance
Splits time between BKB’s Denver HQ, NYC office, and touring existing and new facility locations.
Lance has a Bachelor of Science in Business Management from Babson College in Massachusetts.